Ashburnham Historical Society, Inc.

Building on the foundation of our past

header photo

The Historic Meeting House.

The AHS owns the Historic Meeting House which contains a collection of donated items and documents. First built in 1791 on Meeting House Hill as the second meeting house, it was moved to Main Street and reconstructed in 1838, and served as the Town Hall until 1905. The Town of Ashburnham sold the Meeting House to the Historical Society for one dollar. Mostly unchanged from its reconstruction in 1838, features include a complete tin interior and original windows on the main floor. The building is a significant facet of historic downtown Ashburnham and is in need of important structural repairs.